Sunday, November 6, 2011

Jumping right into it now! As a heads up you guys are going to see a lot of projects that are combinations of grays, yellows, white and black because that's the color pallet of my room.

I bought a couple of tureens and candle votives for an art project that didn't make it all the way to the finish line so they've been laying around gathering dust in my room.  
I finally settled on making a pincushion with the largest tureen since I didn't have any nice ones for my workspace.

I'll admit, I didn't measure out any of the fabric (I'm terrible with measuring, it's one of my downfalls) so that's why it's a little puffier than the glass.  I used felt cloth all around and for the inside I was worried if I just used plain pillow fill the smaller sewing needles would slip through and be lost in the cushion so I filled over half of it with cotton balls which would be just as soft but add some stability to it.

For the flower on the top I tried out a new stitch, the long and short stitch, and now I'm in love with!
I'm going to have to use it in another project soon

No comments:

Post a Comment